Smart Arch Bridges are suitable for pedestrian, cycle, and vehicular traffic up to HNHO72 loading with a range of spans and rises up to 10 m and 3 m respectively. Typical applications include but are not limited to parks, subdivisions, river crossings etc.
The Smart Arch bridge is a modular, precast concrete bridge.
Onsite Time and Cost Savings
- Quick and efficient installation – arches can be fitted in 1 day.
- Typical installation is from bank to bank – avoid working in waterways.
- Resource consents may not be required – Save on costs and time delays.
- No reinforcing steel is required in the arches – Corrosion issues are minimised resulting in a longer life and low maintenance.
- Arches allow greater water flow in flooding.
- Less prone to blockage from flood debris.
- Arch bridges are a proven design – and have been used since Roman times.
- Available in 5m, 7.5 m and 10 metre spans.
- Smart arches can also be used for underpasses.